Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Dancer's Dream











I have been dancing for almost 30 years and I love it. I always dreamed of having a daughter that would feel the same way that I do. I am not sure if we are there yet, and I will be fine if Harlee does not end up loving it, but she started her first dance class today! In the words of Joey "Jamie I think you are more excited than she is!". That could possibly be true. We went last night and picked up her dance shoes. This morning we chose the outfit she would be wearing, a black leotard with a black tutu. The outfit was completed by a pink ballet shoe hair clip. She looked darling! We packed her cute little dance bag and we were off. She is taking at the Dance Depot where I teach. Becky, the owner of the studio, and her daughter-in-law Callie are her teachers. I decided not to stay because they do not want moms to stay except the first class of the month. I knew if I stayed then she would want that each week. So I helped her get her tap shoes on and snuck out the door. When I came back they were doing a peanut butter and jelly dance. She was doing really good. I had wondered if she was too young to understand but she was following just great. I talked to Becky as I was leaving and she said that she did really well. I am so proud! She was so excited and refused to take her ballet shoes off after class. Maybe my little girl will love dance. We can hope!
P.S She is supposed to be potty trained but is not, so all week I have been talking about not messing her diaper while at dance. Then this morning I was telling her how fun it was going to be and even if I left she did not need to cry. So then I asked her, "What don't we do at dance?" I was looking for the "Cry" answer when she proudly said "Poop!" So funny and I am so sure that Becky was thankful for that answer!

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...