Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Family Vacation- Thursday




It was our last day of our much anticipated vacation and the kids were excited to go home. I think they were just ready for their own beds and toys! So we woke up, ate free breakfast (I love whoever came up with that idea!) and drove back to see Nannie. We got to the area pretty early and decided to tour all of the old houses I lived in and my schools. I think that I was the most excited to see all of the old hood!! It is so weird how different everything seems. I don't know if I would feel safe living there now like I did when we were growing up. Anyway, after the trip down memory lane we went to Wendy's to meet Nannie. We all enjoyed lunch and then went back to her house to visit for a little while. I just loved spending time with her and she said that it was like she was in a dream. We left her house and went to the airport. We thought we were early but they changed our flight from 4pm to 3:25pm. Would have been nice to know that! We struggled to get through security with a water bottle and sunscreen in my purse but made the flight. We were just about the last ones to board the plane which I feel was the cause of the seating mishap! Somehow I ended up sitting with Nash on my lap next to Harlee and Joey was on the other side with Luke. How did that happen? I see Joey during the flight just coloring and enjoying life as I am trying to entertain two cranky kids. Did not quite seem fair but we made it through. I think that Joey got his turn when he went to pick up the car in overnight parking. Harlee was so tired and wanted to be held as he was trying to carry a car seat and backpack. Needless to say, an hour later we were so excited to be on our way home. We stopped for Cafe Rio which was the perfect ending to a great trip.
How blessed I feel to be able to go on a family vacation. I am truly grateful for Joey and the way that he provides for our family. We had the best time and I know the kids will always remember this trip.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...