Saturday, July 25, 2009

Did you pour the water out?


On Thursday I let Luke have his friend Cade over to play. He always says that Cade is his best friend and they do play so well together. They were playing outside and kept asking for more to drink. I knew it was really hot outside but how could they be drinking those drinks so fast? So when they asked me again for more drinks I asked "How are you drinking those so fast- are you pouring them out?" Luke looked at me with a very guilty look and said no. Knowing this was not the case I asked Cade if they were pouring them out. Sensing he might tell me the truth, Luke turned around and shook his head no for Cade to get the clue to not say anything. Too bad I was standing right there and could see him doing it too! So I told them that they could not have anymore water.

About 2 minutes later Luke came in. "Mom, I am sorry." he said. "Sorry for what?" I asked. "For telling a lie about the water." he said. What a good boy. Wish he would not have lied in the first place but at least he was repenting! Then he said "Can I have some more water now?" What a stinker. Never a dull moment with this one.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...