
I am sitting here with Cranky Nash on my lap, so I will try to get this post done. What a great day we had. It was Memorial Day and so Joey was home from work. We did not have any plans but knew that we wanted to make it a fun day. So we decided to go to the Children's Garden at Thanksgiving Point in the morning. The kids are always asking me to do the maze and I don't dare without Joey's help. So we did that first and then spent another hour touring the gardens. The kids had so much fun and nothing is more fun than watching them have fun. Then we went to Del Taco for lunch. The kids have wanted to play in the new playplace so that we did. Then we came home to get some things done. We got the cars cleaned out and the garage. It was great to all work together while Nash was napping. Luke and Harlee then got in their swimsuits and ran through the sprinklers. After the work was done we went to the grocery store and bought the necessities for a cook out! We bought a fire pit a few weeks ago and decided to try it out. We made hot dogs and then smores. It was a blast! How blessed are we to have a fire pit in our backyard? I cannot wait for many summer and even winter nights enjoying that. We all sat around the fire and Joey told hilarious spooky stories- something about a "coffin" coming upstairs and stopping it with a "cough drop". What a funny guy! Now we are about ready for bed with 3 very tired kids. All of the fun wore them out. What a terrific day. Nothing beats a day spent together with the family. We are truly blessed to have each other and I will always remember days like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment