Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our Brave Boy




On Tuesday Luke had his Kindergarten checkup at the doctor. I cannot believe that he is old enough to go to Kindergarten- where did the time go. So I knew what was coming with the four shots but I thought I would keep that to myself until it happened. Great idea but someone spilled the beans at preschool and when I told Luke that he was going to his Kindergarten checkup he said "I have to get shots?". This might have been better to prepare him because he was a champ. Let me first start with the stats: Weight- 53 lbs, Height - 46 3/4 in. He is 95% in weight and almost off the charts in height. The doctor was so happy with the stats this time. He was also pleasantly surprised when Luke sat calmly through his checkup. The doctor was use to leaving with a few bruises after Luke's checkups. What a difference a few years make. I was seriously so proud of him. I called in backup, Joey, for the shots and Luke opted to sit on his lap. He cried just a tiny bit but was still and brave. We left after to go to his Tball game and the first thing he did was lift up his shorts to show off his band aids! What a great boy! I am truly blessed to be his Mom and to watch him grow year after year. Love you Lukie!

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...