This week was a tough one for Elder Childs for sure. On Saturday morning, Elder Chappell, a missionary in Luke's mission, passed away in his sleep. Luke had just seen him on Friday and he seemed completely fine. He went to bed on Friday night and never woke up. It was a complete shock to their mission. As if that is not enough to deal with, transfers were on Friday. The one missionary that Luke did not want to end up with is now his companion. Luke was pretty down today when we chatted. I will definitely be praying hard this week that he can feel comfort and that he can find common ground with his companion. I was thinking a ton about Luke this morning and how much I wish I could just fly there and bring him home. Hug him and comfort him through this difficult time. As soon as I started having those thoughts, I was given the thought, that is exactly how our Heavenly Father feels. He wishes he could come down and hug us, comfort us in our trials. But He sees the big picture, He knows that we have to go through the hard to grow. Growth is hard but I was so grateful to be given that perspective this morning. Hang in there Elder C! You have already learned so much during your time in NJ and this is just another chapter in that amazing book.
We are the Childs family. Joey and I have been married for 23 years. We five beautiful and busy children: Luke is 21, Harlee is 18, Nash is 16, Gray is 15, and Tag is 13. Our days are CRAZY! We never stop going but love every minute of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nash's Patriarchal Blessing
Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now. Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...
-
Tonight was the championship Jr Jazz game and it was INTENSE!! They were a pretty level team and it made me nervous the whole time. We wo...
-
Nash came home from his day date, relaxed for an hour, and then got ready to resume his Homecoming date. He looked so handsome! Luke picke...










No comments:
Post a Comment