Friday, December 24, 2021

The rest of another perfect Christmas Eve








After we had exchanged gifts, we all got ready to go and have lunch.  Har and I got Costa Vida and walked over to meet everyone else at JCW.  We ate lunch and had a great time.  Then around 4pm we decided to let the kids open all of the presents under the tree.  All of the presents are new clothes and shoes.  Typically we open these presents on Christmas morning and it is a crazy frenzy.  The kids like to hurry through the presents and then get back to the presents that Santa brought.  I was hoping for a less chaotic present opening session, so I suggestion opening earlier.  It was perfect.  Everyone loved what they received and took the time to look at each gift.  The only one that was disappointed with the clothes was Tag and I am sure it is not surprising that he did not hold back on sharing his opinion.  At one point he held up a new shirt and said "I don't have anything to say about this!"  So funny!  I definitely think we all have thicker skin because of our sweet boy with no filter.  After the presents we had the yummiest dinner of ham, mashed potatoes and rolls.  We then opened the only presents left under the tree, the Christmas jammies, new blankets, and the dates for the year.  Then we all changed into our new comfy clothes and watched Elf together.  The kids then went up to bed around 9pm to quickly sleep so Santa could come.  What a perfect day!

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...