Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Eve Gift Exchange













This was the day that I had been waiting for!  The whole day to hang out with my favorite people- no work or school distractions, just quality time.  Everyone slept in a little bit but Nash and I woke up and took Ike on a Christmas Eve walk.  When we got home we woke everyone up and we did the Christmas Eve gift exchange.  This is one of the things I look forward to each year.  I love that the kids do service to earn the money to buy the perfect present for the person who's name they drew.  We started out by Tag opening his gift from Joey.  He was so excited when he opened it and saw a Nintendo 64 system.  What a perfect game for him.  Gray was up next and Nash had his name.  Nash bought him a really cool pair of sunglasses that Gray had been asking for.  He also got him some frooties.  I think Gray looks pretty cool in the glasses.  The present to open was for Nash.  Luke had his name this year.  Nash was ecstatic when he opened up his Sal flag.  Nash really wanted the flag for his room.  He also got two big bags of frooties.  Harlee was up next.  Gray bought for her this year.  He was so cute when he figured out what he wanted to buy for her.  From the look on her face in the pictures, I think he found her perfect gift.  He bought her the Arctic Monkeys Live vinyl and a couple of symphony bars.  She couldn't have been happier.  I bought for Luke and I got him a Santa Cruz sweatshirt and a Champion sweatshirt.  He has been wanting some crewneck sweatshirts and he seemed to really like it.  Harlee bought for me this year.  She got me the cutest sweatshirt with the Beatles lyrics, Here Comes the Sun.  She said she has the second part of my present but it was delayed in the mail.  I love the sweatshirt and can't wait to see what comes next.  Tag bought for Joey and he was super bummed when Joey picked out his gift of an air compressor to take to St. George.  So Tag wanted to also give him something else.  He gave him a really cool Hurley sweatshirt in his favorite color green.  What a fun and successful gift exchange.  I absolutely love this tradition.  I completely appreciate the love and thought that each person puts into the gift they buy for their chosen name.  Such a perfect morning...

*I received the second gift from Harlee and it was honestly the most thoughtful gift she could have gotten me.  She went on the blog and found many pictures of us together.  She made a photo book and wrote the sweetest things on each page.  It made me cry.  So blessed to have the best daughter.  She makes me want to be the best mom.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...