Monday, May 13, 2013

A Celebration of 30 years

As I mentioned in the last post, Saturday was the dance recital. It was the 30 year anniversary of the Dance Depot. So this year we tried to bring back some songs from the past as well as some new numbers. My jazz class did Proud Mary and All That Jazz. My tap class did In the Mood and That Man. They really did a good job. It was a stressful week but it really paid off. After nine years of teaching at the Dance Depot, I am taking a break. I am not sure if it is indefinite but I need to take some time to focus on being a mom. It is hard to put your hobby of the last 31 years on hold but my family comes first. I need to be around to take them to their many activities and to have more time to focus on raising them to be the best they can be. I will sure miss teaching but I feel so right about this decision. I feel like I ended on a high note and that is all I could ask for. So grateful for Becky and her willingness to let me teach there and live out my love for dance. *The last picture is of all the teachers. Becky the owner is in the top row center.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...