We are the Childs family. Joey and I have been married for 23 years. We five beautiful and busy children: Luke is 21, Harlee is 18, Nash is 16, Gray is 15, and Tag is 13. Our days are CRAZY! We never stop going but love every minute of it!
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Gifts
Lately Tag has been getting up around 5am to eat and then go back to sleep. This morning was no different except I could not fall back asleep with him! I lay there thinking about our five crazy kiddos. I was overwhelmed by how lucky we are to have each of them. I was reminded about a line in my patriarchal blessing that talks about being blessed with children, some of the choicest spirits to reside with Heavenly Father. I have always felt so honored and blessed to have the opportunity to be their mom. This morning as I was laying in bed I was thinking about each of them and how different they are. They have been blessed with such unique gifts and so I thought I would write down some of their gifts that stick out to me.
When I think of Luke I think of discernment. He has been given the gift to know right from wrong. He has such an obedient spirit and he really tries to do what is right. If there is a song with a bad word or a show, he will immedietely change the song or show. He is such a good boy and example to his younger siblings.
Harlee is our nuturer. Joey and I joke that she will have tons of kids because she was born to be a mom. She loves her brothers and always wants to take care of them. She has such a big heart and is always doing nice things for all of us. We can all learn from her sweet example.
Nash has been blessed with the gift of gratitude. I never ever have to remind Nash to say thank you! He is always the first to thank me for anything and everything that I do for him. I love this about him. He reminds me through his example how much a simple thank you can mean.
Gray has been blessed with the gift of a strong spirit. He does everything wholeheartedly. He is so passionate about everything. He has the most infectious laugh and he draws people in. I remember in his blessing it talked about people knowing the Savior because they know Gray. I can see how this is so true. If Gray believes in the Gospel people around him will have no choice but to believe!
Tag has been blessed with the gift of happiness. Tag exudes pure joy. He is always smiling. He has the ability to make you feel so loved just by the way he looks at you. He brings such happiness into our family and we are so grateful that he is a part of our family.
What a great family we have been blessed with. All of these gifts teach me and make me want to be better. I am so grateful for these children. I know that sometimes I feel overwhelmed and a little outnumbered, but I would never change a thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nash's Patriarchal Blessing
Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now. Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...
-
Tonight was the championship Jr Jazz game and it was INTENSE!! They were a pretty level team and it made me nervous the whole time. We wo...
-
Nash came home from his day date, relaxed for an hour, and then got ready to resume his Homecoming date. He looked so handsome! Luke picke...
No comments:
Post a Comment