Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The scary phone call


As I mentioned in the Valentines post, we had a scary experience yesterday. The morning was so crazy. We were running around all morning and I was really looking forward to some down time while the little boys napped. I was getting Nash to sleep when the phone rang. It was the school. They said that Luke was in class and he fainted. I called Janet who ran over to sit with the napping boys and rushed to the school. He did not look good- white as a ghost. I brought him home and got a call from Luke's teacher Mr. Rocque. He told me that he felt Luke had not fainted but rather he had a seizure. I was FREAKING out! I called his pediatrician and they said to bring him in. It was perfect timing because Grandpa and Grandma Childs were driving home from Salt Lake. They came over to watch the little ones while I took Luke in to be checked out. I have never asked Luke if he was ok so many times. I was so worried about him. So we got to the doctor and they asked Luke a bunch of questions. They tested him for strep throat and it was positive. They said that sometimes strep shows up as dizziness and fainting. So random. I was so sorry that he was sick but so happy to have an answer. I seriously do not know what I would do if anything ever happened to Luke or any of our children. I am just so glad he is ok and on antibiotics! So grateful for friends and family that I can call in moments like this.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...