Yesterday was Mother's Day and a great day it was. Luke woke me up at 7am to show me what he had made me at school. I told him to just give me a few more minutes to sleep. Gray woke up shortly after and Joey took care of him so I could sleep in. I came downstairs around 7:40am and opened Luke's present. It was the cutest cookbook that his class had made. Luke said his favorite thing that I make is cupcakes and explained how he would make them. It was so sweet and so thoughtful. Then the kids led me to the table where they had put all of my presents. Joey had picked out three super cute tops, a tank top, and a funky skirt. I loved all of them. Then I also got a nice new water bottle, three of my favorite candy bars and a really nice card. Joey and the kids spent the day cleaning so that I would not have too much to do this coming week. We then went to church. Nash and Gray were not feeling so good so Joey brought them home after sacrament. I stayed to start my new calling as the Miamaid/Laurel advisor- so excited! I came home to a nice dinner- chicken fettuccine Alfredo. Then we went over to Jenna's for dessert and to see my mom. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a mom. I love these little ones so much and just feel such love and responsibility for them. They make me so happy and make me feel so loved. What a perfect day!
* Just gets harder and harder to get a picture with all of them smiling and looking at the camera! This was the best attempt!
No comments:
Post a Comment