Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Luke the Pirate


I love it when teachers obviously do not have kids of their own. Yesterday was such an example of that. Luke came home with a black piece of paper telling me that he needed to make a pirate hat for school tomorrow. I had a RS meeting last night so Joey was going to help. Joey was struggling to get Gray to sleep so Luke tried to make it by himself. That did not go so well and we were so thankful that we had some black card stock. About an hour later I had the hat done and thought it looked pretty good. Luke was super concerned what everyone was going to think and was certain everyone would think he looked stupid. Oh course I reacted like anyone who just spent too much time on something stupid and told him not too worry about it. Too bad he got his mom's issue of worrying what everyone else thinks. So this morning we added corners and staples at Luke's request and a little elastic so it would stay on his head. He promised he liked it and that he would come home and tell me if everyone thought it was dumb! Here's hoping everyone is worried about themselves and don't worry about Luke's hat!

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...