
On Monday, September 14th, we left on our trip to California. The days prior to leaving were filled with excitement as we got ready to go. Like my dad always says, getting ready for the trip is one of the funnest parts! So we woke up early Monday morning and made our way to the airport. We flight was to leave at 10:16am. The kids were so excited to get on the plane. The excitement quickly wore off when they realized that they needed to sit still for and hour and a half! On the way down I held Nash and sat by Luke and Joey was across the aisle by Harlee. Harlee was a little scared taking off but they all were so good for the rest of the flight. We got off the plane and got our luggage and rental car. Then we were off. We stopped at Carls Jr. for lunch before we went to visit Nannie. I was truly excited to see her since I had not seen her for about 2 years. We stopped at the "Floreria" to buy her some flowers to go with her birthday present and we went to her house. She looked great, the same as I always remember her. Luke and Harlee greeted her with a hug. She was so excited to see all of us and she went to "her chair" to sit for our visit. As she sat down, Luke went over to her and grabbed her hand. He just stood there starring at her and taking in every word she had to say. Nannie loved it! We stayed for about 3 hours visiting and catching up. She kept telling me how cute and well behaved the kids were. So nice to hear. Nannie was ready for a rest and so were the kids, so we left and went to our hotel. It was really nice and we all decided to have a nap. After sleeping for a couple of hours, we got up and went to Mainplace Mall. I really wanted Baja Fresh which they have in the food court and the kids chose McDonalds. We ate, stopped to by some drinks for Disneyland and then went back to the hotel to rest for the big Disneyland day to come!
*I just want to quickly mention how grateful I am for Nannie. She is such a "tell it like it is" lady and I love that about her. She has always been there for me and has always made me feel like I was her favorite! I love that I can talk to her often and I am grateful for the relationship that we have. I love that my children get to know their great grandma- that does not happen too often. She means so much to me and I truly love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment