Thursday, August 27, 2009

Luke's First Day of Kindergarten






I honestly cannot believe this day is already here! He is not old enough for school is he? Well ready or not, he could not have been more excited. He is going to Ridgeline Elementary and his teacher is Mrs. Westover. He went and met her last week for his kindergarten assessment in which he told me he knew all of the answers! So last night we worked on his homework to take to class today. He was suppose to decorate a cutout to look like him and on the back write some of his favorites. I love the answers he gave:

Favorite food: Pepperoni Pizza
Favorite Dessert: suckers and root beer ice cream

Favorite thing to do at school: play on the playground and draw

Favorite story: Spiderman

Favorite color: red and blue (are you sensing a spiderman theme:

What do you want to be when you grow up: a missionary and a police officer (I tried to talk him out of the missionary answer because this was for school but he insisted. He is such a great example to me. His first answer I did not write which was Prophet!)

After we finished his work Joey gave him a father's blessing for the school year. Such a great tradition to start. I bawled like a baby through the whole thing. The blessing was beautiful- spoke of Luke learning and growing this year, blessed his teacher that she would be able to teach him, spoke of making good choices and being a good friend. So thankful for a husband who honors his priesthood and can give these special blessings to our children. He struggled to fall asleep because he was so excited.

He woke up this morning and quickly got ready. He could not wait to ride the bus. He waited with his friends for the bus to come but before getting on the bus he gave me a kiss goodbye. What a good boy. I figured I better appreciate that because in a few years he might be a little more embarrassed to do that in front of his friends! He rode the bus and crazy mom followed the bus to school- I needed to make sure that he knew where to go and I needed a few more pictures! They arrived and walked to the kindergarten playground. He walked with his friends and at one point the four of the held hands- such a cute sight! He found his way to his class and we left. We were there to greet him as he got off the bus. I asked him how his day was. He told me he had his very own desk. He also said "I got to draw and I did not go to the Principal's office". We are off to a good start! We celebrated by lunch at Carls with Cade and his mom and home to find a spiderman toy for making it through his first day. We are so proud of Luke and wish him the best first year of school!

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...