My Dad, GP, just finished redoing the Lehi slide at the outdoor Lehi Pool. It has been a long process and he is so glad to be done. As part of his thank you, they let him invite his family to enjoy the pool last night from 8pm - 10pm. Harlee would not nap yesterday so I decided to just take Luke. We had to still do the nightly routine, shower, read scriptures and pretend to fall asleep. Once Harlee was asleep and the coast was clear, we changed into our swimming suits and were off. Luke was so excited. We had so much fun together- not often that I get to just focus on one child. We went on the slide together and I don't think I have ever screamed that much. Luke was by far much braver than his mom! He went on several more times with people and then by himself. He kept saying "This is freakin awesome." I reminded him that we do not say freakin but he just sounded so cute. I cannot believe how big he is getting! He also jumped off the diving board without a life jacket. He is fearless and I love it. We had so much fun and it makes me realize how important the one on one time is for them. Joey and I need to set aside time to do that for each one of them.
We are the Childs family. Joey and I have been married for 23 years. We five beautiful and busy children: Luke is 21, Harlee is 18, Nash is 16, Gray is 15, and Tag is 13. Our days are CRAZY! We never stop going but love every minute of it!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nash's Patriarchal Blessing
Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now. Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...
-
Tonight was the championship Jr Jazz game and it was INTENSE!! They were a pretty level team and it made me nervous the whole time. We wo...
-
Nash came home from his day date, relaxed for an hour, and then got ready to resume his Homecoming date. He looked so handsome! Luke picke...
No comments:
Post a Comment