Friday, July 3, 2009

Day of "Firsts"




Yesterday was a day of "firsts" for our little Harlee. It started out with a good first and then ended with one I would not mind if it never happened again. Harlee got to go to her first birthday party. I could not believe that I was dropping her off for her 2 hours of fun. Good thing it was for Brooke and Dane and I knew Jenny would take great care of her. It was a Dora and Diego party. Brooke and Dane dressed up like those characters and they had a great time. When I picked Harlee up she told me that she ate "tate" aka "cake" and had ice cream. She also told me that they played "Dut dut doose". It took me awhile to crack that code but she was thrilled when I guessed "Duck Duck Goose"! She had so much fun and came home with lots of little treasures. The next first that happened was not so fun. She came home and spent sometime out in the dirt so I put her and Luke in the shower. I went to get their pjs and ran back in when Luke was screaming. He said that Harlee had fallen. She was bleeding so much and I found that the blood was coming from her chin. So I quickly dressed her and we were off to the ER. She was so brave. They checked her and confirmed that she would need stitches. They gave me the option of sedation or strapping her down in a papoose to do the stitches. I called Joey and we opted for the sedation. They tried to do it by spraying medicine in her nose but after 10 minutes of no effect they needed to give her a injection. Tears filled my eyes to watch her go through that. After about 10 minutes she was out of it. I thought she would fall asleep but instead she just stared at me blankly. She was out of it but by the time they went to stitch her up she was a little more aware. My heart was breaking to see the fear on her face. But she held my hand and was so calm as they put in the 4 stitches. I was so proud of her. The doctors gave her 2 cute stuffed animals and everyone commented on what a cute girl she is. I just pray this is the only time we have to go through this. I don't think there is anything worse than watching someone you love in pain. I know that this was definitely not the worst thing that could have happened but I would be OK to not experience it again.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...