We are the Childs family. Joey and I have been married for 23 years. We five beautiful and busy children: Luke is 21, Harlee is 18, Nash is 16, Gray is 15, and Tag is 13. Our days are CRAZY! We never stop going but love every minute of it!
Monday, April 13, 2009
His Hand in All Things
Well what a day we had yesterday. Joey taught his first Gospel Doctrine lesson and did amazing. He was so relaxed and well prepared. He delivered his lesson with a calm confidence that I was envious of. Yesterday I was called to be the second counselor in the Relief Society. Talk about feeling unprepared for a calling. I will be serving with Janet Scott and the Bishop's wife Serene so I know that they will help me a ton. Then last night we got a call from the Bishop asking us to speak this coming Sunday. Are you kidding me Heavenly Father? was the first thought. I was already feeling tremendously overwhelmed and know we have to prepare talks. Although I feel like this is all too much I feel calm in knowing that I am not alone in any of this. I know that Heavenly Father and my Savior will be with me every step of the way. I was given a little reminder of this constant companionship this morning. I was cleaning up the kitchen and I realized that one of my invisalign trays was missing from the counter. Not the best place to put them but in the midst of yesterday's crazy morning I had set them there. I searched drawers and even the trash and could not find them. I prayed to Heavenly Father that I would be able to find them. I called Joey and asked him about it and he told me of three other trash bags they might be in. I searched through the bags and was able to find them. I knelt immediately in the laundry room and thanked my Heavenly Father for helping me. It made me realize once again that He will help me if I just ask. Whether it be for something as small as finding my braces or something as great as taking on a new calling. He is there for me and I could not feel more comforted or grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nash's Patriarchal Blessing
Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now. Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...
-
Tonight was the championship Jr Jazz game and it was INTENSE!! They were a pretty level team and it made me nervous the whole time. We wo...
-
Nash came home from his day date, relaxed for an hour, and then got ready to resume his Homecoming date. He looked so handsome! Luke picke...
No comments:
Post a Comment