For anyone that knows me, I really do not have the best memory so the fact that I remember this story from my childhood it must have really impacted me. I remember when Jenna and I were little, I think that we were 5, we were taking a bath together. Jenna turned all of the cold water off and we both started screaming because the water was burning us. When my dad came into find out what was wrong Jenna said that the water was too hot. When my dad asked who turned the cold water off Jenna said that Jamie did. My dad asked, "Are you sure that Jamie did it?" Jenna agreed so my dad pulled me out of the tub and spanked my bare bottom. I was really upset and Jenna then admitted that she had been the one to turn the cold water off. I remember that she was punished by not being able to get Baskin Robbins that night. I tell this story because something very similar happened in our home on Thursday. I was working out on the treadmill and trying to keep Harlee in there with me. She escaped for a minute when Luke came in screaming, "Mom come see what Harlee did". What Harlee did, I thought, she had just left the room. Anyway, he goes on to show me how she got marker all over the new table. I was wondering how she reached the marker and colored that quickly. So I asked "Luke, Harlee did this?" He said yes and I said Harlee I am going to spank your bottom. I barely tapped her but she started crying and I put her in a time out. Not a minute later Luke said "OK Mom, I did it!" I already knew but I did not let him know that. I sat him down and told him the story about Jenna and took away his computer privileges for the day. He also had to apologize to Harlee and promise never to lie again.
We are the Childs family. Joey and I have been married for 23 years. We five beautiful and busy children: Luke is 21, Harlee is 18, Nash is 16, Gray is 15, and Tag is 13. Our days are CRAZY! We never stop going but love every minute of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nash's Patriarchal Blessing
Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now. Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...
-
Tonight was the championship Jr Jazz game and it was INTENSE!! They were a pretty level team and it made me nervous the whole time. We wo...
-
Nash came home from his day date, relaxed for an hour, and then got ready to resume his Homecoming date. He looked so handsome! Luke picke...
No comments:
Post a Comment