Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Princess is two!!


On January 8th, 2007 I went to my doctor's appointment. I was due on January 15th and the doctor decided to set up an induction date for the next day. He decided to strip my membranes to help get me ready for the induction. While I was driving home the doctor's office called to say that they were booked for Tuesday but would induce me on Wednesday. I had to make a few stops on the way home and while I was picking up a few things at Smiths the contractions started. I had gone to the hospital a couple times over the past few weeks sure I was in labor. I was not sure what I was thinking because these contractions definitely felt real. So the contractions started around 2:30pm and came regularly for the next few hours. By 11:00pm Joey had convinced me to go to the hospital. I was so afraid of being humiliated and sent home again that it took a lot of convincing to get me in the car. They checked me when I got there and I was a 5 1/2 almost 6 cm dialated. They said that I was staying. They checked me regularly and by 4am I was a 9 1/2. My water had still not broken and they promised that someone would be in shortly to break my water. They were so busy that night that they did not break my water until 9:45am on January 9th. By 10:29 am she was born. The delivery was wonderful and she was perfect. She weighed 7 lbs 3 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. What a perfect moment and a perfect addition to our family.


Harlee Anne is such a blessing in our lives. We honestly don't know what we would do without her. She is celebrating her 2nd birthday and it is amazing how fast time flies. She is very independent and can get away with anything when she flashes her cute smile. She loves to play with Luke and do everything that he does. They have a special relationship and I pray that continues as they get older. We love Harlee so much and hope she has a great birthday!

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...