I was laying in bed reading at about 9:30 pm, Joey was asleep beside me, when my phone rang. It was Gray but when I answered, I heard a girls voice. She told me that Gray had fallen and was pretty sure that he had broken his collarbone. I drove to the park and picked up Gray. He was so pale and his left side was definitely hanging down lower than the right. I could tell that he was in a lot of pain. I called Joey to see which hospital I could take him to with our new insurance, and thankfully we can go to Primary Children's Hospital. It is less than 10 minutes away which is such a blessing. Gray was third in line when we got there so they got his a wheelchair to sit in. I could tell he was so uncomfortable and I wished I could take the pain away. After about 30 minutes, they took his vitals and moved him to a room. They then ordered an x-ray. After about an hour, the x-ray confirmed that he indeed did break his collarbone. They put his left arm in a sling and wrapped around his back, securing his left arm in place. Gray was so relieve to have it wrapped and that alone made it feel so much better. We were able to leave a little after midnight. We have an appointment scheduled for next Monday with an orthopedic surgeon to see if he will need surgery. He is our first kid to break a bone! Hopefully he can heal quickly and get back to doing the things that he loves.
We are the Childs family. Joey and I have been married for 23 years. We five beautiful and busy children: Luke is 21, Harlee is 18, Nash is 16, Gray is 15, and Tag is 13. Our days are CRAZY! We never stop going but love every minute of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nash's Patriarchal Blessing
Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now. Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...
-
Tonight was the championship Jr Jazz game and it was INTENSE!! They were a pretty level team and it made me nervous the whole time. We wo...
-
Nash came home from his day date, relaxed for an hour, and then got ready to resume his Homecoming date. He looked so handsome! Luke picke...

No comments:
Post a Comment