Our summer is so booked! I tried to find some time where we could go to SG for longer than 2 days and the only time that would work was this week. So I left with Har, Nash, Gray, and Tag on Friday morning. Joey and Luke came down on Friday night. They stayed until early Sunday afternoon but I stayed with the other kids until Wednesday morning. We worked super hard but found time to have some fun also. On Friday, we got done there around 10am. Shortly after we arrived, our grocery order showed up on our door. Love that option! We spent the afternoon in the pool. The temperature was perfect and there is not much better than laying on a floaty in the pool. That night we decided to clean out the storage room in the basement so we could get the treadmill moved in while Joey was there. We also took out all the older decor to the garage to prepare for the garage sale in the morning. After the work was done, we all decided to go on a walk. It was so nice out. Joey and Luke arrived at 10pm. I slept so good that night having everyone there together.
On Saturday morning we woke up early and got everything out for the garage sale. We ended up making $98! Not as much as I had hoped but the biggest blessing was getting so much stuff out of the house. All that was left was loaded into the truck and Sequoia and taken to DI. It felt so good to get so much clutter out. We had decor that had followed us from all of our SG houses and it was time to get rid of it. After the hard work, we went and spent our earnings at Porkbellys. After lunch, we took Luke to the Salt Water Store to try some of our favs. We spent the rest of the day working hard on the basement and spending some time in the pool. We celebrated the hard work by a dinner at Pizza Factory. We spent the dinner looking at old pictures and laughing so hard together. Definitely one of those perfect family moments that I will never forget. After dinner, Har and I took Tammy to Ross for a little shopping. Love spending time with her.
Sunday we woke up and celebrated Joey. After they left to head home, we spent more time in the pool and relaxed. That night we decided to go and do the stairs after the sun had went down. It was tough, especially for Tag, but he did it! So proud of him. So fun to do hard things together.
On Monday, I had to work but we still found time to spend in the pool. That night, the boys went to see the movie Karate Kid and Har and I went to see Materialists. We all liked the movies that we chose. After the movie, we decided to go on another nighttime walk. Perfect way to end the night.
We woke up early on Tuesday morning and went to the Red Cliffs Temple to do baptisms. It is such a beautiful temple. So grateful that Gray pushed us to go to the temple together as a family. Since he suggested that goal, we have gone every other month. Such special experiences we get to have as a family. After the temple, we went to Einstein's bagel to stay true to the tradition. After we got back and I worked a little, Har and I went to lunch with Tammy. It was so great to spend some time with her. She is seriously the best. We spent some time in the pool that afternoon and then went to Pieology for dinner. After dinner we went home to get everything cleaned so that we could leave early in the morning. We rewarded our hard work with a little Arctic Circle. We got up early this morning to head home.
It was seriously so nice to have a little more time in SG this trip. I love this place and cannot believe that one day Joey and I will get to live here full time. It will seriously be a dream come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment