Tuesday, June 10, 2025

Dreams come true

For the last 6 months, Tag has been saving all of his money in hopes of getting a switch 2.  He has worked hard to sell old games, do chores, and save every penny.  On June 4th at 10pm they went on sale.  Tag's amazing siblings and friends, each got on a device and tried all of the stores to get one.  They were unsuccessful.  So they jumped in the car and drove to Target and Best Buy.  Both places had lines all around the building.  People were camping out until the stores opened the next morning.  Tag was so grateful that they tried and tried not to be bummed that he did not get one.  That next morning, I decided to try to go on all the sites to see if I could get lucky.  After trying Walmart, Best Buy, and Target, I decided to try Sams Club.  I was able get one but we were super worried it would not come.  I called Tag downstairs to tell him that I think we got one.  He said he was going to be "cautiously optimistic".  Cute boy!  The switch was to come on Sunday.  Tag googled how many fingers to cross for good luck and learned that it was one set of crossed fingers.  Anymore would undo the luck!  So about every couple of hours over the next few days, Tag would walk in the room with him fingers crossed, and I would know it was time to check the app to see if the order had progressed or been canceled.  By Sunday it showed that the order had been shipped.  The order arrived on Tuesday and Tag was ecstatic.  He woke up at 5am today and checked the porch and mailbox on the hour.  The package finally arrived a little after 2pm. I am not sure I have ever seen Tag smile that big.  So happy that this could all work out for our sweet boy!

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...