Thursday, June 26, 2025

And we are off!

When Luke was on his mission, we made a plan to go to Hawaii on a family trip the summer after he got home.  We decided to go to Kauai this time and started putting all of the plans in motion. We dropped Ike off this morning at KC and Mike's and we left for the airport at 10:45am.   Joey dropped us off and we checked in the bags while he went and parked the car.  Once we got through security, we went to have a good meal at Cafe Rio before boarding our first flight at 1:25pm. As we boarded the plane we saw a familiar face!  Elder Kearon.  The line to back stopped for a minute and Harlee and I got to chat with him and his wife.  I told him that I knew we would be safe on the flight since he was on there.  He asked us where we were going and he told us that he was going home to the UK.  He was so kind. What a great way to start our amazing trip. We had a quick layover in Seattle and then flew to Kauai.  The flights were great and we landed a little after 7pm.  Joey went to get the rental car while we waited for the luggage.  The car was a Jeep Wagoneer and it was so spacious for all of us.  We were starving.  Even though it was a little after 7pm there, it was 11pm for us.  We got McDonalds and Taco Bell before heading to the airbnb.  The condo was beautiful and perfect!  I was so relieved!  Since I am the one that planned everything online, I was super nervous that it would not work out.  But so far, everything is perfect and I cannot wait to spend the next five days in paradise with my family.  

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...