Tuesday, December 24, 2024

Christmas Eve






Unfortunately we had quite a few sickies this Christmas Eve (Luke, Tag, and Har) so we still kept our traditions but made them work for all of us.  We let the kids sleep in and then opened the service gifts.  I loved seeing what everyone bought for their name draw and I love knowing the work that went into earning the money for these gifts.  Everyone was so appreciative for the thought that went into what they were given.  We then decided to go pick up lunch rather than going out.  Har and I went and grabbed Costa Vida and JCWs and brought it home to eat in our comfy clothes.  We all hung out and rested before opening the clothes presents.  I love this change so that everyone can see what each person was given and it is not mass chaos as years past.  There was a surprise this year though that was so special.  The kids actually got Joey and I a gift.  They got us each a Northface sweatshirt, our favorite candy, and then they each wrote us a card.  It was seriously such a surprise and so thoughtful.  After the presents, we had a yummy dinner of ham, potatoes, and rolls.  After dinner we made caramel corn and and then the kids opened their pajamas and a new blanket.  They changed and we went down to the basement to watch Elf.  I love this tradition.  Such a funny movie and so great to enjoy it as a family.   After the movie, everyone went to their own rooms since the sickies wanted to be in their own beds.  They all promised to stay in their rooms until 6am so that Santa could set up their presents.  Besides some of the family feeling sick, it was a pretty perfect day.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...