Monday, September 2, 2024

Only 15 more...






 

I cannot believe the subject of the email as I write it!  Luke only has 15 more Monday's on his mission (including today)!  Where has the time gone?  It has seriously been a privilege watching him grow and serve.  Such an example to me.  Here is is rundown for the week:

The Rundown™️
- Where to begin? This week was insane. 
- Our long-time friend, Rosedaline, told us she finally chose a baptismal date (September 15th). Hoping and praying that goes through! 
- We had an initiative going this week focused on finding through referrals, so we did a ton of calls. 
-There is a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall right off the main street we street contact, and we happened to be on the street when they had service. So naturally, we went and visited. The catch was, it was the Haitian service and I was the only white guy there. Everyone kept asking me if I understood, little do they know. It was interesting, very nice people but I am glad I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 
- Met with our friends Chris & Lysette & went over the baptismal questions, they are so awesome. 
- Our friends Jean, Chris & Lysette were all interviewed for baptism, thanks to Maplewood North Creole. 
- We found a ton of super cool people, one homie is named Jude and he is so cool. Super humble and willing to accept the gospel. 
- We were stressed a little bit this week with a Temple trip, mostly because we didn't have a ride there (which is a necessary step with the Temple being out of the mission). However, in the 11th hour, the Lord provided. A member of the Stake Presidency said he'd drive us and all of our recent converts. It was so nice of him and made the trip possible. 
- Speaking of which, the Philadelphia Temple is so cool! It was awesome getting our recent converts Sheila, Francy, Fotal, Fequiere, and Clichy to the temple for the first time. The temple is so peaceful & I was lucky to go. 

- Jean, Lysette, and Chris all got baptized on Sunday. It was awesome, they are all so humble and have strong testimonies of the gospel.  

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...