I can't believe how quickly time is going! Luke will be home in 79 days! Luke's email was so funny this week so I will let him do this blog post!
Twas' the night of September 22nd, and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, except Elder Childs cooking another poetic masterpiece
I'm compiling these emails and putting them in my Literary portfolio, and I dang near surprise myself with each one. It's quite crazy how I can put out something so beauti-
(I have been writing some snoozers for the past few months at this point)
You know, 21 months into an LDS mission takes a toll on ya. I remember the glory days, putting blood, sweat, tears, and more sweat into each of these emails. I'm not at the point where I'd rather send out a good ol'
"I'm still alive, have a good week!"
However, I digress. This week was pretty darn solid, as most are. So I encourage you all to get cozy, grab yourself a nice beverage (might I suggest a Starburst Cherry Zero Sugar C4 Performance Energy Drink), and kick back for another dud!
The Rundown™
- Straight into the week with a delightful lil' exchange!! Elder Campos, a brazuka, ditched his humble abode in Ironbound Newark to kick it with me in Irvington for the day! We street-contacted, had some dude try to pull my keys off my belt loop before praying with us, and met some cool Haitian homies. We had a few super good lessons that day, and God went crazy with the Gift of Tongues. I was able to understand 90% of everything in these lessons and teach. Shoutout Heavenly Father. Elder Campos is hilarious too, he also nonchalantly benched 305 during our dinner block.
- Elder Galindo and a few other people in the Zone hit their 1 year mark, so we celebrated with a lil' lunch at outback (I could not afford anything). Also to wrap up the day, we met with Jean. He is the funniest guy ever, and probably my favorite person to teach right now.
- had English class and my patience was running thin. I need to remember Mosiah 2:17 'bout every time I teach these wonderful people.
- Davilla, the absolute GOAT, had us over for a late lunch on Friday and whipped up Haitian Spaghetti. Now, Haitian Spaghetti takes an interesting twist on traditional Italian Cuisine, in the sense that it's chock-full of seafood. Now, those who know me even a little bit know that's bad news, but it wasn't half bad. Shout out to Davilla though, he is such a good dude.
- Had some dudes want to kill us because of the Haitian flags on our bags, but they ended up being chill.
- We had 14 recent converts to church, which was insane. I love our recent converts so much.
Update: currently Tuesday morning. I'm sorry for my tardiness, looks like I about hit the finish line, set up camp, and clocked out. However, I am now up and feeling ready to get this email out to the real ones.
3 Nephi 17:6
"And he said unto them: Behold, my bowels are filled with compassion towards you"
Jesus Christ knows us all, and is merciful. He isn't a selective Savior, but rather his atoning sacrifice is for us all. No matter how far away from God we feel, we can always come back. I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and His love. I know it's because of Him that I have had so much joy in this mission and throughout my life.
Until next time, Elder Childs out

No comments:
Post a Comment