Friday, July 12, 2024

The night where dreams came true




Anyone that knows me well knows that one of my favorite singer/songwriters is Lori McKenna.  I have loved her music since Joey and I were first married.  We also have a lot in common and I feel like she writes songs about motherhood, marriage, and life that speak to me.  She is just amazing!  When I found out that she was coming to the Bluebird Songwriter Series I knew this was my opportunity to make my dream of seeing her live come true.  And who better to enjoy the night with than my best friend!  We went and grabbed some sandwiches before heading to Sundance.  It was the most amazing venue surrounded by mountains.  Beautiful!  I was so excited when Lori walked out.  It was her, Lee Bryce, and Liz Rose.  They all took turns singing and tell stories about their songs.  Minus Liz having one of the worst singing voices, it was perfect.  Lori told a story about how her oldest son just moved to India for 7 months and she wrote a song called "Tied to You".  I for sure got choked up as she sang.  So touching and her voice is just so amazing.  Lori did not disappoint and I really hope that I get the chance to see her in concert again.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...