Monday, July 15, 2024

Missionary Monday






Here is Elder Childs rundown of his week:

As another week comes to an end, I find myself recollecting and remembering the great week I had & how much I don't feel like writing about it. 

The creative spark, the Elder Childs special zest... maybe not that, but the fanciful flare I used to have is dwindling. Instead, I'll leave you guys yet again with a rundown!

Now, this may be devastating to you 2 avid email readers, but to the majority that skim or skip to the photos, this will come as a wonderful surprise. 

The Rundown:
• Elder Betancourth joined me and Elder Galindo here in Irvington for a day. Absolutely insane. We taught all day, which days like that have helped my creole a ton. Elder Betancourth helped make it fun too, love that guy.
• We taught so much, this area is crazy. It's seriously just lesson after lesson.
• Had service at this pantry which took 3 million years, and some lady was yelling at everyone in the line because someone "cut in front of her". Good times.
• Was able to teach our friends Dieudonise & Rosedaline with Frè Labbé (one of the coolest members I've met).
• Went on a mini exchange with Elder Berroa, a missionary from the Dominican Republic. He is hilarious, and works hard. We street contacted in East Orange for a while which was fun, however maybe it's because I have "Hai-dar" now (Haitian radar, I don't know... humor me), but there were so many Haitians compared to last year.
• We taught some more, including our friend Fabiola, who is super elect & working hard on being baptized in the future!
• Got a parking ticket
• Caught a mouse in our apartment (hence the title, I don't know)
• Met with a cool homie in his backyard, only at the cost of getting eaten alive by mosquitos
• Had a dinner as a Zone

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

This week I studied a lot about the spirit and the peace it has brought me on my mission. I have found a lot of peace and comfort, even in difficult times, because of Jesus Christ & the Spirit. I know that this church is true & we have the authority to make binding covenants with God. I know that because I have felt the guidance of the Holy Ghost through my baptismal covenant. I know He lives, and I'm grateful to be serving and preaching His gospel every day.


Until next time, Elder Childs out

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...