I am going to share Luke's email again. He is just so funny and a great writer!
It's a good thing we teach one trillion times a day, because without that practice, I wouldn't have been able to deliver such an eloquent, faith promoting, heart wrenching discourse like I did this Sunday.
I am telling you, no one can even hold a candle to the power behind the words spoken at the pulpit. There was a visible aura in the chapel.
But not really, I just read a talk in creole this week in front of my Mission Leaders, their family, my first companion, and the 60% Haitian audience. Just 'bout threw up.
To get into the week, I am going to keep it rather short. My media manager (mom) probably isn't too happy with the crap I've called my last few weekly emails, but we ball.
Another Rundown:
• Had an exchange in Ironbound with Elder Ausman. It was one of the hottest days we've had, plus a walking area. Flash backs to my last exchange with Elder Taggart. It was good though, we talked with a ton of people & had a really cool lesson at the end of the day. I also ate 5 otter pops that day.
• We met with a lot of the recent converts in the area. Brother Derival is so sick, super humble guy who has a lot of faith. Same for Fotal & Fequire. They are so cool & Fequire just got the Priesthood on Sunday
• Found a lot of people this week, and have a few people progressing really well. Rosedaline and Dieudonise are praying about their baptism & hopefully will get baptized this week. Our friend Tyson is awesome, reminds me a lot of Jodenski, had a good lesson with him & put him on baptismal date. We met with a new lady named Shelia who is awesome, she is also on baptismal date.
• Met with a friend named Bigot Felix, he is a friend (?) Of one of the recent converts. When we met with him, his house was pitch black & there was some random homie sitting on the couch next to us snorring. Weird conditions, but great lesson. This guy is really cool.
• Taught a new friend named Billy who lives in Newark. We got to his house, and as we walked in, a giant rat the size of my shoe ran from behind his couch to his fridge. Needless to say, kinda not my favorite thing to see. Billy was cool though, very smart guy with genuine soul searching questions about the gospel.
• Like previously mentioned, I saw President & Sister Durrant as well as my trainer, now Brother Mower. It was super good to see them & realize that Mower's been home a year and a half now. Where has the time gone?
Ok ladies and gentlemen, the media manager won't forward the email to y'all if I don't include at least 1 spiritual aspect.
Helaman 5:30
"And it came to pass when they heard this voice, and beheld that it was not a voice of thunder, neither was it a voice of a great tumultuous noise, but behold, it was a still voice of perfect mildness, as if it had been a whisper, and it did pierce even to the very soul"
I had the opportunity to share this scripture a couple times this week with friends praying about baptism. The Holy Ghost isn't always a smack in the face, a loud voice, or anything like that. It usually speaks quietly, but in a way you can't deny. I know I have felt the spirit testify many times of this gospel, and I know through that spirit, that this work is true. It's such a blessing to be a missionary, even with the ups and downs. I'm thankful for my testimony of this gospel & the people who have strengthened it out here.
Until next time, Elder Childs out




No comments:
Post a Comment