Friday, January 26, 2024

It started with a new bed...





Joey was looking online and found a pottery barn Sumatra bed.  This was the same bed we had when we were first married and we loved it.  I suggested that instead of going somewhere for our anniversary this year, we should put that money towards the bed.  It was pretty scratched up so Joey sanded it down and stained it a light blonde color.  It is beautiful.  Joey had to go to Amsterdam for a training for work and I had the crazy idea to do a few little upgrades to our room.  I convinced my reno partner Harlee to help and she was on board.  Joey left around noon on Sunday and we got to work.  We painted the wall behind our bed black and also painted the barn door black.  It looks so good with the lighter bed frame.  We then painted the rest of the room white.  We took down the curtains and most of the decor going for a minimalistic feel.  I bought some peel and stick tiles for the fireplace and Har took that on as her project.  She is so patient and she did an amazing job.  We also did some spackle art to go above the couch.  We did a DI run and purchased a few more decor items for the room.  We ended up finishing about an hour before Joey got home.  It was a surprise for him and in true Joey fashion, the reaction was a little underwhelming!  I can tell he likes it though and I am sure he is just thankful that he doesn't have to do it.  I LOVE it!  It feels so clean and current.  So grateful for Har, Nash, and Gray who all chipped in to help us get this done in five days.   

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...