Friday, December 22, 2023

White Elephant Party









Tonight we had the annual white elephant party.  It did not disappoint!  It truly is one of my favorite things we do at Christmas time.  We had the party at Jamie and Mindi's house.  We had dinner first and we brought back enchiladas.  I made our new family fav, honey lime chicken enchiladas.  After dinner we went upstairs for the fun.  It started with a short spiritual message from Jamie.  I love that he does this each year.  After the message we got to the gifts.  It is always fun to see what everyone gets.  Joey is always in charge of these gifts so it was a fun surprise to see what we brought.  There was not as much stealing of gifts this year as everyone was excited to keep what they got.  I did steal a fondue pot from Gray because I knew he was not too excited about it.  I am excited to try it maybe on New Year's Eve. We were lucky to also have a visit from the cutest Santa who gifted us with candy canes.  Once the gifts were done we visited and had a few treats.  I love our family.  It is crazy to think that I married into this family because I feel like I have been family with them forever.  So grateful for this tradition.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...