Monday, July 10, 2023

Monday is the best day
























I was so lucky this morning to get to chat with Luke for about an hour.  Made it so worth getting up early.  He had a good week minus his windshield getting shattered when a missionary in their district threw a gallon of lemonade at it.  Not sure what the mindset was behind that decision but after Luke realized it was not his own car, he thought it was funny.  We chatted about the rest of his week and then about his companion.  He is still struggling with him.  He is just not motivated.  Luke said that he sometimes sleeps in until 10am.  So Luke gets up and studies.  So frustrating.  I just don't understand why you would go on a mission and no follow the rules.  It seems like time would just drag on if you didn't stay busy.  Luke was especially frustrated today because he wanted to get shopping done and laundry so they could have some fun.  After we talked he finally got up.  I messaged Luke to see if they had gotten to the store.  He wrote back to say that he did go shopping but it took over an hour because... then he sent over a picture of him and Brewer.  He was at the store at the same time.  I told Luke that this was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father.  He knows Luke is trying hard to do what is right and he needed a little pick me up.  This was exactly what he needed.  I am so grateful that Luke is in the best hands.  I am so proud of him for doing what is right even though his comp is choosing not to do the same.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...