Monday, July 24, 2023

Another week in NJ






It is so weird to say that Luke's mission is going fast.  I feel everyday but I do feel like the weeks go quickly.  Doesn't really make sense but it is true.  Monday is the one day each week that I am excited to get up early because it means that I can chat with Luke.  Luke had a great week.  He continued to drive the other elders around and Luke had to lead District Council.  He lead a discussion on the restoration and the Book of Mormon.   He also found out that they were actually evicted back in May.  He joked that he should have paid attention to the pile of bills on the table.  So they continue to live with the spanish elders.  Such a huge blessing since he is still not loving Elder Watkins or Webkins as Harlee likes to call him.  In his email Luke said,

"This week, I was able to find a lot of peace and comfort through recognizing God's hand in my life. I really recognized it at times when me and my companion were getting contentious, and I was able to bring the Spirit into the companionship more. It's been difficult this transfer, but I have seen a lot of growth in my capacity to use the Spirit."

I love that Luke is finding the blessing in the hard.  Such a gift.  I am so proud of Luke.  He is such an example to me.  

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...