I wake up excited every Monday because I know that I will get to chat with Luke. Usually he will text first thing something like "Do you need me?" or "Do you hate me?". This morning he messaged, "Do you absolutely despise me with all of your heart, might, mind, and strength?" He is so funny! I love the messages and I love Monday's. I usually talk to him right after my class at 6am and then we get to message throughout the day. We have a family call with him on Monday night at 7pm and usually get to talk for an hour and a half. It is so amazing to hear all about the experiences of his week.
This week was a good one for Luke. They actually had a baptism with their friend Lauren. I guess there was a living situation that was holding her back. But that was resolved and things moved quickly. Luke was able to baptize her and Elder Church did the confirmation. What an amazing experience. The rest of the week was great for him. He had a few lessons, did a split with Elder Anderson, and schooled other elders in Kendama. Luke is having an amazing time and it makes me so happy for him. He is having experiences that he would not have if not for his choice to serve a mission. So grateful for his example for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment