Monday, April 17, 2023

April 17 PDay update from NJ








Another week down for our favorite missionary.  This is the first week that he mentioned a few days where is was a little harder to find motivation.  I hope he realizes that this is bound to happen.  In normal life, there are many days where we all feel a little unmotivated to get things done.  This week he got a haircut, had district counsel, and several lessons.  My favorite part of his email update was where he and his comp were talking about why they decided to serve a mission.  I am going to let Luke do the talking on this because he says it perfectly:

"While we were driving back home from a lesson, I was talking with my companion and the topic turned to "what made you come out on a mission?". He had a great story that lead him here, but while I shared mine, the spirit was so strong. I was reminded of the trials I faced, the adversity, and the hardships that all piled up before submitting my mission papers. Then also the 4 month waiting period from mission call, to being set apart. As I was discussing and pondering this, I was reminded that not everything is according to my time. If I had come out on my mission at a different time than I did, I probably wouldn't be out here. I would not have had the time to truly gain my own witness of this gospel. I had to do a lot of work. I would go to the gym and Only listen to either conference talks or the Book of Mormon, then the same thing at work. The Spirit testified to me, that this is all according to my Heavenly Father's plan. I knew I needed that time before my mission to prepare. There is a significant difference between the reasons to go out on a mission, and to STAY out on a mission. If I didn't have previously put work in to seek the spirit and gain a witness, the trials and "mighty winds" of Satan that I face out here could've possibly shaken my testimony. But it can't, and it won't. This is the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I know that because of the true power of the Holy Ghost."

I have read that part of his email many times and get teary every time.  I am so beyond proud of Luke.  Keep working hard Elder C!

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...