On Tuesday Luke had a long day of travel. Joey and I were nervous wrecks and actually set our alarms for 2:45am on Tuesday so we could text Luke and make sure he was up. He had to be at the travel office at 3:30am. They flew to Chicago where they were supposed to have less than an hour of a layover before flying to NJ. I was super nervous that they were not going to make it. Well my nerves were right- the flight from Salt Lake left an hour late so they did miss their flight. Thankfully 11 of the 14 missionaries traveling together were sisters. They were able to work it out for all of them to get on the 8:45pm flight. They had 7 hours to hang out at the airport which was probably pretty nice since they have been on such a busy schedule at the MTC. Luke was especially happy to have McDonalds for lunch and dinner. The the last thing I had heard that night was that the flight was on time. Yesterday Luke sent me a message saying that he was good but could no longer message me. I am so proud of him for following the rules but I seriously felt like he was breaking up with me. Today the mission president sent us a letter and a picture. He let us know that Luke had made it there and that he would be serving in Paterson NJ. I should not have googled the area because it looks super sketchy. Definitely going to be leaning on the inspiration I received in the temple. There was a picture of his trainer. He doesn't really look like Luke's type but hopefully he is cool. He sent a picture of the 22 missionaries that arrived on Tuesday. I am so excited for Luke- he is doing this! Can't wait to talk to him on Monday. Only 4 more days.
We are the Childs family. Joey and I have been married for 23 years. We five beautiful and busy children: Luke is 21, Harlee is 18, Nash is 16, Gray is 15, and Tag is 13. Our days are CRAZY! We never stop going but love every minute of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nash's Patriarchal Blessing
Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now. Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...
-
Tonight was the championship Jr Jazz game and it was INTENSE!! They were a pretty level team and it made me nervous the whole time. We wo...
-
Nash came home from his day date, relaxed for an hour, and then got ready to resume his Homecoming date. He looked so handsome! Luke picke...
No comments:
Post a Comment