Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Luke's swimming begins...

Last night Luke had his first swimming practice. It was a lot harder than Luke had anticipated. He said when they got in the water his coach told him to swim 22 freestyle laps. So tiring! This was only the beginning. For an hour they did not get a break and Luke looked a little defeated when I picked him up. I tried to explain to him that he can do hard things! I told him that any time you begin something new it is difficult. But slowly you build up your endurance and it becomes easier. Joey pumped him up with a little pep talk when we got home so hopefully he will not dread going today. I really feel that this is going to be such a great thing for Luke. He is going to realize how strong he is and find confidence in the progress that he will make. Hang in there Luke- I promise it will get better. I just know you can do it!

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...