We are the Childs family. Joey and I have been married for 23 years. We five beautiful and busy children: Luke is 21, Harlee is 18, Nash is 16, Gray is 15, and Tag is 13. Our days are CRAZY! We never stop going but love every minute of it!
Saturday, July 7, 2012
Luke's Baptism and Tag's Blessing Day
What a wonderful day! Today we were able to experience Luke's Baptism and then we came home to have Tag's blessing. I will start with writing about Luke's Baptism.
I cannot believe he is old enough to be getting baptized. What a good boy he is! He looked so handsome in his new suit! We arrived at the church at 8:30am and Joey and Luke got dressed in their white clothes. We had two other girls in the ward getting baptized so we split the program up between the families. Luke's Mimi played the piano and Grandma Childs gave the opening prayer. After a few talks it was time to get baptized. Luke was second in the group to go. His GP and Grandpa were witnesses at the font. Joey gave the baptismal prayer including a few tears (love that man!)and baptized Luke. He went all the way under and it was such a perfect moment. One of the kids at the font said "That was awesome!". My feelings exactly.
After they got dried off we went back into the chapel for the confirmations. Before they were each confirmed the three new members sang "When I am baptized". Tears filled my eyes as these three clean angels sang that song. I was so proud of Luke for having the courage to sing! So much better than his mom! After the song Luke was confirmed by Joey. What a special blessing. He spoke of how Heavenly Father was so pleased with Luke's decision to be baptized and he was starting down the path of making important covenants. He was told of how he has been blessed with a strong mind and intellect and that he is to use that for good. He was told to be a good example and I know that by making this decision to be baptized he is already doing that! So proud of you Luke!
After the baptism, we all came home to have Tag's blessing. What a special moment. Joey gave him a name and a very sweet blessing. He talked of the blessing it is to have him in our family knowing that he just left the presence of our Heavenly Father. He talked about the importance of Tag serving others and through that he will become more like our Savior. Tag is such a blessing in our family and I feel so lucky to be his mom.
Following the blessing we all enjoyed a yummy brunch. Here are some pics from the celebration!
I have such a testimony of the sacredness of this day. I know that Luke has made such a wonderful choice that will effect the path of his eternal life. What blessings this children are to me. They teach me and make me want to be a better person. I love each of my children so much. I will do whatever I need to do to make it possible for us to live together forever as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nash's Patriarchal Blessing
Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now. Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...
-
Tonight was the championship Jr Jazz game and it was INTENSE!! They were a pretty level team and it made me nervous the whole time. We wo...
-
Nash came home from his day date, relaxed for an hour, and then got ready to resume his Homecoming date. He looked so handsome! Luke picke...

No comments:
Post a Comment