
This weekend we were lucky to be able to go down to St. George and spend some quality time together as a family. The weather was BEAUTIFUL and we had the best time. We left after I finished teaching on Thursday night and arrived in St. George around 12:30am. The excitement wore off and everyone was asleep by 1:30am. The kids were up at 7am and ready to go! We relaxed around the house until 11am and then went to Pizza Factory for lunch. After lunch I took Luke and Harlee to the pool and Joey napped with the little boys. We then went and grabbed dinner for a picnic at the park. The next day started with some garage sales. We ate lunch and then spent this afternoon the same as the day before. I went with the older two to the pool and Joey napped with the little ones. We then did some shopping, grabbed pizza, and had another picnic at the park. On the drive home from the park Joey started bugging all of us about packing up and driving through the night. I always get such anxiety on the Saturday of our weekend trips because he always bugs me to leave. "Let's just drive home and wake up in our own beds." Little does he realize that this means I have a couple hours of cleaning to do before we can leave. Not exactly what I want to do at the end of a fun/relaxing Saturday. So I did not give in this time to his somewhat buggy requests and we enjoyed a good night sleep. We got up, packed up, cleaned, and were on the road by 10:45am. What a great weekend as a family. I feel so blessed to be able to spend this time together and make some great memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment