
We got up early and went to Jamie and Mindi's ward. Once we got home, we changed, packed a lunch, and headed off to Cascade Springs. What better way to enjoy the Sabbath than in nature! The kids were so excited. On the way up Harlee only asked about 20 times how long until we were going to be there. Joey joked that while we were there he was going to dig out a tree to take home. I totally thought he was kidding until I saw the shovel in the back. Who does that? We made it to Cascade Springs and hiked around. On the way back we found a spot to have our picnic lunch. The kids loved hiking around while eating their sandwiches. Joey tried to dig up a tree but they were all rooted together. Seems like they knew about guys like him! What a fun day. How lucky are we to be so close to nature. I told the kids on the way home that we need to do this more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment