Almost every night this summer the kids have asked to sleep downstairs. They have their nightly ritual of throwing down their blankets from upstairs and then making their beds on the couch. Last night Nash fell asleep first because he did not have a nap (he is usually the last one to fall asleep!). Luke and Harlee got their blankets together and they fell asleep also. After Joey and I had gotten into bed I asked him if he covered up Nash who was on the floor. He said he did not, so I went to check on him. He was laying on a pillow and covered up with his football blanket and blue blanket at his side. If Joey did not do that, and I did not cover him up, who did? I asked Luke today and it was him! What a great brother! He said that Nash looked cold so he covered him up. I love that he is looking out for his little brother. This is the kind of stuff that I just pray continues throughout their lives together. Harlee, Nash and Gray are so lucky to have such a caring big brother who will always look out for them. So proud of you Luke!
We are the Childs family. Joey and I have been married for 23 years. We five beautiful and busy children: Luke is 21, Harlee is 18, Nash is 16, Gray is 15, and Tag is 13. Our days are CRAZY! We never stop going but love every minute of it!
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
What a great brother!
Almost every night this summer the kids have asked to sleep downstairs. They have their nightly ritual of throwing down their blankets from upstairs and then making their beds on the couch. Last night Nash fell asleep first because he did not have a nap (he is usually the last one to fall asleep!). Luke and Harlee got their blankets together and they fell asleep also. After Joey and I had gotten into bed I asked him if he covered up Nash who was on the floor. He said he did not, so I went to check on him. He was laying on a pillow and covered up with his football blanket and blue blanket at his side. If Joey did not do that, and I did not cover him up, who did? I asked Luke today and it was him! What a great brother! He said that Nash looked cold so he covered him up. I love that he is looking out for his little brother. This is the kind of stuff that I just pray continues throughout their lives together. Harlee, Nash and Gray are so lucky to have such a caring big brother who will always look out for them. So proud of you Luke!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nash's Patriarchal Blessing
Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now. Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...
-
Tonight was the championship Jr Jazz game and it was INTENSE!! They were a pretty level team and it made me nervous the whole time. We wo...
-
Nash came home from his day date, relaxed for an hour, and then got ready to resume his Homecoming date. He looked so handsome! Luke picke...
No comments:
Post a Comment