Friday, March 18, 2011

No Pinching Here!



Yesterday was a day full of green and surprises! It was St. Patrick's Day 2011! Luke wore green to bed the night before so he could assure that he would not be pinched. They all woke up early and got dressed in their green gear. Then we came downstairs for green eggs and ham. Luke kept looking around and then said "Guess I was not good!) "What?" I asked. He then explained if he had been good then Lucky the Leprechaun would have come and left him some treats. Who knew??? I then explained that Lucky was probably really busy and would most likely come while he was at school. I told them that they would know he had come if the toilet water was green! So Lucky made it and the work out room toilet was greened and he left a note.


They had to follow the little clovers to their own special treats that were hidden.



How great is Lucky!! They were all so excited and Harlee still has not stopped talking about it.
Mom, how big is Lucky?
How did he get up the stairs to my room?
Am I bigger than him?
Does he have a beard?
When is he going to come again?
These are a few of the questions I have been asked over and over. So happy that she gets so excited.
We finished out the night with some green pancakes and cupcakes.



Wow- this holiday has sure been turned into a big deal. I am embarrassed to say that I don't even know why we celebrate this day? Looks like many fun St. Patrick's Days to come full of green, treats, and high expectations!

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...