Thursday, March 24, 2011

Couponing- First Attempt


This is the Year of the Childs. We have made some great goals to put us in a better position at the end of this year than we were at the beginning. We have been really good to stick to a budget and save a bit of money each month. As I am more aware now of how much we spend on groceries I am a bit shocked. So crazy to spend that much money on food- I guess we are feeding 6 mouths! A few weeks ago I watched a show called Extreme Couponing. This lady got over $600 of food for $2. It was so amazing and her food storage was BEAUTIFUL! So I have been trying to learn how to do this. I have been working on the ads for a couple of days and when I went to bed I could not sleep. My mind was consumed with the deals I was going to get so I got up and went to Smiths. Am I crazy to be shopping at 11:30pm at night?? I do think it was worth it. With coupons and shopping the sales I bought $173.72 worth of groceries for $79.82. I saved us $93.90. Here is what I got:
16 boxes of cereal
10 tubes of toothpaste
20 packages of pasta (I only paid $4!!)
10 Weight Watcher meals
10 Capri Suns
2 Skittles
2 Starbursts

I know that this is just the start and once I learn more there will be much more money to save! I was seriously so excited that I could not fall asleep until after 2am. I would just love to spend little money but still feed our family and grow our food storage. It takes a bit of time to plan but I know it will be so worth it!

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...