Friday, February 4, 2011

Why kids don't play with scissors


Last night when I was teaching dance Joey called me. This is something that never happens so I knew that something was wrong. When I answered he told me that Nash had cut a piece of his lip with scissors and he could not get it to stop bleeding. He said that he had found scissors in the office. Luke had accidentally left the scissors out and felt so bad, thinking it was his fault. We assured him it was not! So I asked Jenna to come and cover the last hour of my class and came home. It was really bad. He had a chunk of skin just barely hanging on. I called my friend Erika to come and give me her opinion. I was thinking about taking him to the ER but did not know if they could do anything for him. So Erika came and since she works in the NICU did not know what I should do. She suggested I call our friend Laci who is a family nurse practitioner. She came and checked the wound for us. She said that they would not be able to do anything since it was not a vertical cut. She suggested that the skin be removed because it would hurt worse if it came off later. So Erika held Nash's head and I held his hands as Lacie cut it off. It bled for about 30 minutes after the removal. We have been putting neosporin on it and it is already looking better. So grateful for nice neighbors who will come and help at the drop of a hat. Such a blessing. We are so glad that Nash is feeling better and just another incident to prove there is never a dull moment at the Childs!
*I think he loved that the mouth injury allowed him to have a chocolate ice cream bar for breakfast!

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...