On Friday while Luke was singing his heart out I was with Gray having more tests done. We went to the Riverton Primary Childrens first for a GI test. They strapped the poor guy down and fed him with a tube. All of the anatomy looked normal. Then we hurried up to University of Utah hospital to meet with an ear, nose, and throat doctor, Dr. Park. He checked and did agree that Gray's tonsils are large. He wants to do another swallow study in 2-3 months. If the poor babe is still aspirating then he will perform a broncos copy. This is where they put Gray under anesthesia and scope him to see if there is anything going on. Until then we are to thicken his formula and keep him on the reflux medication. I talked to Dr. Pheffer this morning. She is requesting another chest xray in mid January. We will go from there depending upon the results. I talked with his pediatrician, Dr. Stampfl, today and he said if he is still aspirating and his lungs don't look better, then we would need to do a feeding tube. I am just praying that the steps we are taking will help and we can avoid that. He was so upset on Friday when they had to use the tube for a few minutes. I cannot imagine how upset he will be if this is a part of his daily routine. I will do whatever it takes though to make sure our little Gray gets better. Keep you posted!
We are the Childs family. Joey and I have been married for 23 years. We five beautiful and busy children: Luke is 21, Harlee is 18, Nash is 16, Gray is 15, and Tag is 13. Our days are CRAZY! We never stop going but love every minute of it!
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Gray's Journey Continues
On Friday while Luke was singing his heart out I was with Gray having more tests done. We went to the Riverton Primary Childrens first for a GI test. They strapped the poor guy down and fed him with a tube. All of the anatomy looked normal. Then we hurried up to University of Utah hospital to meet with an ear, nose, and throat doctor, Dr. Park. He checked and did agree that Gray's tonsils are large. He wants to do another swallow study in 2-3 months. If the poor babe is still aspirating then he will perform a broncos copy. This is where they put Gray under anesthesia and scope him to see if there is anything going on. Until then we are to thicken his formula and keep him on the reflux medication. I talked to Dr. Pheffer this morning. She is requesting another chest xray in mid January. We will go from there depending upon the results. I talked with his pediatrician, Dr. Stampfl, today and he said if he is still aspirating and his lungs don't look better, then we would need to do a feeding tube. I am just praying that the steps we are taking will help and we can avoid that. He was so upset on Friday when they had to use the tube for a few minutes. I cannot imagine how upset he will be if this is a part of his daily routine. I will do whatever it takes though to make sure our little Gray gets better. Keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nash's Patriarchal Blessing
Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now. Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...
-
Tonight was the championship Jr Jazz game and it was INTENSE!! They were a pretty level team and it made me nervous the whole time. We wo...
-
Nash came home from his day date, relaxed for an hour, and then got ready to resume his Homecoming date. He looked so handsome! Luke picke...
No comments:
Post a Comment