Yesterday as I was feeding Gray I turned on Oprah. She was doing an interview with Garth Brooks. He was talking about his song "Unanswered Prayers" and how they are doing a movie about the song. He then began to sing the song. My eyes filled with tears as I listened to the words. I was reminded of how I prayed many times that my life would turn out a certain way. I remember praying about a nonmember boyfriend and just hoping he would join the church so we could get married. At that moment I was so grateful for those unanswered prayers. I am overwhelmed with the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. He gave me Joey. He is the best husband and best friend I could ever have. He makes me laugh. He takes care of me and our four blessings. He is an example to me. He strengthens my testimony by his example. He helps me. He is so HOT! He loves me. He makes me better. I so grateful that those prayers about Joey are the ones that were answered. I could not imagine my life without him.
We are the Childs family. Joey and I have been married for 23 years. We five beautiful and busy children: Luke is 21, Harlee is 18, Nash is 16, Gray is 15, and Tag is 13. Our days are CRAZY! We never stop going but love every minute of it!
Friday, November 26, 2010
Unanswered Prayers
Yesterday as I was feeding Gray I turned on Oprah. She was doing an interview with Garth Brooks. He was talking about his song "Unanswered Prayers" and how they are doing a movie about the song. He then began to sing the song. My eyes filled with tears as I listened to the words. I was reminded of how I prayed many times that my life would turn out a certain way. I remember praying about a nonmember boyfriend and just hoping he would join the church so we could get married. At that moment I was so grateful for those unanswered prayers. I am overwhelmed with the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. He gave me Joey. He is the best husband and best friend I could ever have. He makes me laugh. He takes care of me and our four blessings. He is an example to me. He strengthens my testimony by his example. He helps me. He is so HOT! He loves me. He makes me better. I so grateful that those prayers about Joey are the ones that were answered. I could not imagine my life without him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nash's Patriarchal Blessing
Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now. Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...
-
Tonight was the championship Jr Jazz game and it was INTENSE!! They were a pretty level team and it made me nervous the whole time. We wo...
-
Nash came home from his day date, relaxed for an hour, and then got ready to resume his Homecoming date. He looked so handsome! Luke picke...
No comments:
Post a Comment