Sunday, September 5, 2010

Another Surgery


About 2 weeks after I had my appendix out I had a really bad attack. It hurt so bad that I went to the emergency room. They thought it was my gallbladder but after the ultrasound showed no signs, we did not know the answer. So I went to Dr. Rashband. She at first thought I might have diverticulitis that may have been caused by my appendix surgery. After 10 days of antibiotics and still having attacks, she figured it was my gallbladder. I was sent for a HIDA scan which showed I had a hyperactive gallbladder. Anything about 60% is high and mine was at 93%. The surgeon said that every time my gallbladder was starting to work it would cause a spasm that was making me sick. So he decided it would be best to remove my gallbladder. Friday was the big day and I was so excited. I have been feeling so nauseous and sick, not able to eat very much. So Friday morning I checked in at 5:45am and was on my way home around 2pm. The surgeon told Joey that the opening to the valve that the bile comes through was so narrow, almost closed. He also said that my gallbladder was really inflamed. He said this is why I was feeling so sick. Makes me feel like the surgery was the right decision. I am still in a lot of pain but look forward to being able to eat and not feel so sick. I think I have earned a week of eating whatever I want!
*Check out that swollen belly! At my 2 week appointment he read me the pathology report. It said that I had chronic inflamation and gallstones. Who knew? I write this down since gallbladder removal is usually hereditary. Hopefully none of the kiddos have to go through this!

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...