
Well I am finally feeling up to blogging after what has been a crazy few days. The craziness began on Sunday night. Sunday was a normal busy Sunday. Joey and I took turns attending church. After which I had a visit for Relief Society. I rushed home from that and we went to Tara's birthday dinner at Jenna's. So fun to have her in town and have all the cousins play together. They loved it! After about an hour I started feeling a little sick to my stomach. I said that I needed to go home, quickly got the kids in the car, and drove home. When I got home I told Joey I was not feeling well, he had stayed home since Gray is in seclusion for the next I don't know how long! I felt nauseous and then had the chills really bad. Then I started having really bad pain in my stomach mainly on the right side. I thought taking a bath might make me feel better but no such luck. I got out and laid on the bed and just could not get comfortable. No matter what I did the pain would not go away. I told Joey that I felt that I could not straighten out my stomach, I just needed to stay in a ball. So I called the doctor while Joey searched online for some answer. I told the doctor that I had a baby six weeks ago and what my symptoms are. He suggested it may be some type of infection and I needed to the emergency room. So around 11pm I called Hailee. She was so great to rush over to watch the kids. We took Gray with us and headed to Timpanogas Hospital. By the time we got there I was feeling a lot better. Several times I asked if we could just go home. I felt so silly be there thinking nothing was wrong. The nurse came in and asked a bunch of questions. From what he gathered he thought I might have some complications from having a baby. He brought in a kit for a pelvic exam. When the doctor came in she asked if I was having a ton of bleeding. I said I was not having any bleeding just pain in my stomach. She felt around starting on the left side then lower abdomen, then when she touched my right side I about jumped out of bed. I told her it did not hurt until she touched it. She said she thought it might be appendicitis. So she ordered me to have a cat scan. The whole time I was feeling so dumb. So sure that it was nothing. So after the cat scan as we were waiting for the results, the nurse came in and said that my blood work showed a high level of white blood cells indicating infection. About 30 minutes later the cat scan results were in and it was appendicitis. It was about 4am at the point and the surgeon was going to do my surgery at 6am. So I sent Gray and Joey home and tried to rest for an hour. Around 5:30am they started prepping me for the event. I remember being wheeled into the operating room, moving to the other bed and then the rest is a blur. The next thing I know I was waking up in a recovery room. I could not believe it was done but the pain in my stomach and the oxygen I was wearing gave it away. Shortly after waking up Joey and the kids came to make sure I was OK. My mom and dad visited too. The rest of the day was a blur. I was so out of it. I was discharged around 4pm and came home to sleep the rest of the night. Joey was the best. He just sent me to my room and took care of everything. My sweet visiting teacher Mcall brought dinner. Joey cut up a piece of pizza into tiny pieces and brought it up to me. He is truly the best husband. He had to go to work on Tuesday so my mom and Jenna came to help. Mindi came on Wednesday and Darolyne came yesterday. I am so grateful for such great family so willing to do all they can to help. Today is my first day on my own but I am feeling so much better. Still really swollen in the tummy but feeling a lot more like myself. I am so grateful for little pushes of inspiration to go to the doctor. Had I waited then the whole situation would have been a lot worse.
*Day five and still looking about 5 months pregnant!
No comments:
Post a Comment