Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happy Real Birthday Luke!



Luke's actual birthday was on Friday. With all that is going on, I felt it was really important to try to make this day special. He reminded me several times that I was struggling to focus on his special day, but at the end of the day I think he was happy with what we did. I went to the hospital in the morning to see Gray. My mom sat in the car with the kiddos. After the hospital trip we all went over to Carls Jr for lunch. The one down in Orem has a really fun play place. Luke had originally wanted Old Spagetti Factory but changed his mind! So Riley met us there and they had a fun lunch. Riley came over to play for a little bit and then we had to take Luke to the doctor. This was something that Luke definitely thought he could get out of because it was his birthday. But he has been sick for so long and I wanted to make sure it was not more serious. The doctor said that he has a soft case of walking pneumonia so he is getting treated with antibiotics. After the doctor, Riley met us there and we were off to the movies. Joey bravely agreed to take Luke, Riley, and Harlee to see Marmaduke. This is a funny movie about a dog. After the movie, we gave Luke his presents. He got some new shoes, a new shirt, some basketball shorts, and an IPOD Nano. He was in heaven. I don't think he has taken that thing off. He loves listening to Justin Bieber or Justin Beaver as Luke calls him. He is seriously 6 going on 16. We hope you had the best birthday Luke! We love you so much and are so thankful that you are in our family.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...